Sunday, July 23, 2006

(The Assassin's Bamboo Brush) "I Was Born a Cat"

"I was born a cat, a smiling cat. When I came out of the womb, I had a smile on my face. At least, that is what I was told. I myself cannot remember, and who could tell? It could have been a grimace, an evil grin, a smirk; as I was pulled into the unbearable brightness of this world, the unbearable cold.

Once, I was a cat, until people told me that it was better to be a dog. A dog, a puppy, cheerful, running gladly towards all who I saw. It was a more welcoming sight, I was told, all people would find me adorable, love me. Lies. A dog is a dirty ragged thing lying on the path, waiting for someone to kick it out of his way. No one cares for anyone but himself. All who say otherwise are liars.

I am a cat, and I sharpen my claws daily on all those whose boots I had felt. I cared little for vengeance, less still for justice, I lived only to taste blood. All the blood of this world would not have sated my thirst. Then, I made three friends."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dark and nice!

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home